Date: 9 April 2021
We are a software & web apps development ISO 9001 certified company looking to expand our award-winning team with an all-rounder, passionate Business Analyst with a flair of Business Development to join us on a remote basis. Candidates must be around the CET timezone.
The candidate must be highly competent in IT and ideally with a software & web development background.
As our Business Analyst, you will be bridging the gap between various stakeholders and our development team, collecting business requirements and translating them into understandable development tasks to build the final product required that provides the expected business value. Being a small company, the role of the Business Analyst overlaps with that of a Business Developer that would need to meet with clients to understand their requirements.
We love working with people who think outside the box, take action and work on delivering impeccable results.
The job is full-time and for an indefinite period.
Do you have what it takes? Then send us your CV and covering letter via email on [email protected]!
A taster of what you will be doing?
- Clarifying a business idea - Helping understand customer requirements, visualizing them, analysing them and propose improvements through your IT experience & research
- Meeting with clients & various stakeholders capturing client/business requirements and translating them into easy to understand documents, such as user stories, software requirement specifications, wireframes, flowcharts, diagrams and whatever else is needed to map out the idea;
- Analyzing internal business strategies to identify and research new channels for growth including filtering out potential leads matching internal opportunity requirements and priorities.
- Drafting functional & non-functional requirements
- Preparing proposals & estimations together with the team based on client requirements and presenting them to the client
- Preparing backlog, prioritising and planning development activities – Splitting the requirements into smaller, achievable tasks to be implemented by the development team through collaboration with the project manager. Tasks are to be prioritized.
- Establishing acceptance criteria – Determining what makes the feature development successful so that the QA team can ensure the product matches requirements.
- Grooming – Attend pre-development meetings together with the development team and project manager where backlog requirements are analysed to ensure that the backlog is clearly understood according to the approved requirements & goals. Such exercises help provide customer indicative timelines & costs.
- Ensuring development matches the requirements – Together with the project manager, ensures that the development team is building in line with the specifications and answers any questions that arise throughout the development stage.
- Maintaining documentation up to date – Ensuring that changes, bug fixes and new features are always up to date in the documentation
- Gathering client feedback & keeping a log of feature requests – Tracking user feedback, improvements any new promised features to be implemented in the next backlog.
We consider the following as an asset
- Previous experience working as a Business Analyst or as a Business Developer in the software development industry
- Background with different analytical techniques, including Interface Analysis, Feasibility Analysis, SWOT Analysis, etc.
What do we require from successful candidates?s
- A problem solver and analytical thinker with a proactive approach – Study the problem, analyse the available options and suggesting the best choice;
- Decision-maker – Assessing a situation, including risk & benefits, and select a course of action;
- Great research skills - To research and question the status quo when challenged with an obstacle;
- Documentation and visualization master – Highly skilled in diagramming, UX, UML, flowcharts & wireframing, schematic sketching and knowledge of tools such as draw.io, Figma, Miro, MS Visio, Lucidchart, and the like.
- Being fluent in the English language with excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Accountability, being diligent and making sure that tasks are completed in a high-quality manner and on time.
- Experience with the scope of work tools such as JIRA, Clickup, Asana, and the like.
- Experience with documentation tools such as Confluence, Notion, and the like.
- Monitoring communication tools such as Slack
- A highly organised and methodical individual with an eye for detail
- Able to prioritise multiple tasks seamlessly
- A proficient user of office applications, such as spreadsheets, documents, presentations
Other Important Skills
- Willing to learn
- Team player
- Well Organised
- Thinking out of the box
- Great communication skills
Why Work With Us?
We focus on results and not time spent at the office. You decide how you prefer to work. What is important for us is delivering results so there will be no strict 9 - 17 requirements - your focus should be on delivering rather than presence during business hours.
If you reach your targets before the deadlines, you're free to take the rest of the time off.
It’s all about a good work/life balance.
Work Anywhere. Work Remotely. Work Flexibly.
We’re a results-oriented company, so we don’t mind where you work from. Whether it’s from the office, your bedroom, or the beach, in Malta or outside of Malta -- as long as you deliver results, that’s what matters.
It’s up to you to decide at what time you want to start and end your day. As long as you reach your targets and deadlines, you’re good to go.
We will expect you to attend our daily scrum meetings and that we overlap for a good portion of the day in case we need to talk.
Package, Increases & Career Development
An attractive remuneration package will be provided according to your level of experience.
Commission on new concluded new projects - We are also willing to provide a commission for any projects that are successfully onboarded to the company as part of any business development efforts.
With us, you’re not just a number. Being a small company, you will be truly valued and will have the opportunity to grow as the company grows. You’ll always have a major part in projects and it’s guaranteed that you will learn a lot. We are also ISO 9001:2015 certified, meaning that we have certain structures and processes in place ensuring that everything will run smoothly.
We will also provide you with any courses required to improve your skills.